Text File Output Now Playing

Hello!

This may be a silly question, but is it possible to output the now playing song in Spinitron into a text file using the metadata push. Thanks

Keith

1 Like

Hi Kieth, thanks for joining the forum.

Sure you can push a text file. When we push out an XML file itโ€™s really just a text file with a specific format.

To set up a metadata push channel we need more info: to what do you need to push the file, using what network protocol, format of the file, etcโ€ฆ?

Alternatively you could describe what you are ultimately trying to accomplish, i.e. what end goal is this a part of.

Hereโ€™s the metadata push guide. Itโ€™s long but you should be able to skip large chunks of it as you read.

Thanks for the response! So I just need the now playing to show Artist - Title in a text file and it can be pushed through FTP. so the file name would be something like nowplaying.txt

We have a website that can show what artist and title is playing on our site. It needs a text file that has Artist - Title format to be able to show on the front page of our website.

Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks!

Keith Robinson

FTP is one of the protocols we offer. So go ahead. Or do you need help configuring the push channel? In which case contact me by email. Donโ€™t send me your FTP password on the forum.

Hi again. Thank you again for your help. Whatโ€™s your email and I can send you whatโ€™s Iโ€™m trying if itโ€™s possible. Thanks again!

Keith

Itโ€™s on the contacts page