Spinitron collects information from you when you register as a Spinitron and/or forum user and gathers data when you browse or interactively use its web pages and services.
When registering to use Spinitron, you are asked to enter your name, e-mail address, radio station affiliations and phone number. You may, however, visit Spinitron without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, Spinitron knows that you control the e-mail address.
Spinitron logs the IP address of every request made to its servers. Spinitron records the identity of logged on users together with the records of their use of Spinitron.
Any of the information and data collected from your use of Spinitron may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience.
- To improve Spinitron — we use the information to investigate and fix bugs and in deciding how to improve our services.
- To improve customer service — Spinitron uses your information and the various usage logs to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Spinitron uses a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Spinitron will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Cookies are small files that a web site or its service provider transfers to your computer through your web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Spinitron does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist in operating Spinitron, conducting business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Spinitron may also release your information as required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
To delete personal information in Spinitron, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spinitron may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Spinitron therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Spinitron’s web site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document was last updated March 15th, 2021.