Importing non-music items

When scheduling rebroadcasts, non-music items do not transfer along with playlists. One solution I thought of would be to copy the playlist from the table of the original broadcast and import it into the later date. However, importing requires Artist and Song fields, but non-music items do not list those.

Is there a simpler way of copying forward non-music items to rebroadcasts that doesn’t require entering each one individually?

Afaik, all possible current workarounds are laborious.

I think fixing the rebroadcast feature so non-music items are copied with spins is the easier fix as far as code goes.

2 Likes

Is this something we would do in Spinitron Admin? How would this be done? Being able to rebroadcast the non-music items will be very helpful for KBCS. Weekly 35 hours of news on one channel, building an all World News on our HD2.
Please let me know what’s possible or possible resources to create modification. Thanks Greg

1 Like

This is a feature we would have to implement with a software development task.

1 Like

@tom, has there been any progress made on this worth mentioning this year? Many of our scheduled shows are replayed throughout the week too, so it’s a lot of spoken word re-entry that our hosts are required to do, and I’d really love to see it implemented at some point to simplify their tasks.

Tom, thanks for response. when stating, “have to implement a software development task”, how is that done? something we create? do I need more software dev skills to know what to do? please let me know. thanks G

It means that I have to modify the Spinitron software so that it copies non-music items from the existing playlist to the new “rebroadcast” playlist.

1 Like

Hi Sean, I’m sorry to say that it simply has not yet been done.

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting that feature (but appreciate the time it takes to develop software…)!

Hi @CJRU-PD and @GregDSea

I hacked together something to copy non-music items when you “rebroadcast” a playlist. Let me know if it works for you.

1 Like

Hey @tom I just tried it, and it seems to work near perfectly.

The only thing, which isn’t a huge issue for my purposes, is that the final non-music item in the original playlist, seems to be permanently stuck as the first item in the rebroadcasted playlist, regardless of what the timestamp is. I’ve tried adjusting with multiple timestamps, but it doesn’t seem to sort in the playlist accordingly. The only solution was to delete and readd it to make it neat.

However, the info is there, which is actually all I would need. Just strange for display.

Hi @CJRU-PD Try turning on the date display in the playlist :gear: settings. If the item has the wrong date then it would affect the ordering. This might give me a hint as to what is happening.

Date and time seem correct.

Note: I just attempted with a different playlist, and can’t seem to recreate the problem. Seems to only be happening for the playlist photographed above…?

Since it’s software, there is certainly a systematic explanation for what you show in the screenshot. Just some bugs are harder to replicate than others.

I’ll take a look into this.

1 Like

@tom, Just in case this was never addressed, I believe I figured out the pattern for the items out of order a couple weeks ago, but forgot to mention here. It happens when the time is adjusted. I sometimes accidentally enter the time without signifying PM, so it default adds AM to the time. After adjusting the time, the order seems to fixed on the initial time that was entered.

1 Like