Exporting A Playlist To A Second Channel

Here at Radio Free Brooklyn we host our regular show on the main RFB stream and then for some of us the same show has a rebroadcast on RFB2, our second stream.

It’s no problem to have my playlist appear on the main stream as a rebroadcast but how do I get it to appear on the RFB2 stream? I really don’t want to manually re-enter the information again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It should be pretty easy to copy/paste the playlist via export and import.

1. While logged on to RFB on Spinitron, navigate to the playlist you want to copy and view it.
  2. Click the export/email link
  3. Choose Format: TSV and Delivery: Copy-paste. Select the fields you need. Click the green Display button.
  4. On the next page, click the green Copy to clipboard button
  5. Switch to your DJ persona at RFB2.
  6. Create a new playlist with title, date and time etc. for your rebroadcast.
  7. Click Import.
  8. Paste the text you copied in Step 4 and click the green Process button.
  9. Assign columns and import.

In steps 3 and 9, your choices for field export and assignments for import are saved for next time so that the work will be easier.

If you want, you can open a new browser window at step 5 and keep the window with the exported data at step 4. This makes it easier if you need to go back and change something.

There are a few different ways to adjust the timing of the spins in the rebroadcast playlist. We can talk about that next. Let me know how you get on with these steps.