Automation software that works with Spinitron

Many automation systems integrate with Spinitron, see the list below.

Specific config instructions are in Spinitron in the automation control panel (Admin: Automation & API).

If your automation system is not listed here then contact us. It may be that we haven’t encountered that software before and we may be able to make it work.

• AudioVAULT (Broadcast Electronics) requires an extra BE product called TRE with the Spinitron module, then you just tell it your Spinitron API key.

• ENCO DAD requires the Playback State DCL. You need to set up a few config files. Alternatively you can use ENCO’s Padapult software.

• iMediaTouch (OMT Technologies). We use the Internet XML commercial substitution output, which is a feature built in to iMediaTouch.

• Megaseg (Fidelity Media). We use Megaseg’s logging feature, which can send messages to Spinitron.

• NexGen (RCS). We use NexGen’s export feature.

• PlayIt Live requires PlayIt’s Now Playing Plugin, which is simple to configure.

• RadioBOSS (DJSoft.net). You configure it to send HTTP requests to Spinitron.

• RadioDJ has a Now Playing Web Export feature that we use.

• Radiologik DJ has a feature to publish via a URL that is suitable.

• Rivendell Open Source Radio Automation has a built-in feature to communicate with Spinitron.

• SAM Broadcaster (Spacial Audio Systems) has no suitable built-in feature but it has PAL, a built-in programming language. We have a PAL script that provides integration.

• Simian (BSI). We use its feature to publish streaming metadata.

• StationPlaylist Studio has integration with Spinitron built in and is easy to configure.

• WideOrbit Automaton for Radio can be configured to send now playing events as XML messages to Spinitron.

• Zetta (RCS) has a Now Playing Export feature that we use.

Any tips, suggestions or guides to implementing the Padapult. Checking in with ENCO today, but was curious if any response here. thanks

We use RadioDJ and are currently using it to send information to Spinitron which is working great. However we’d like to make the quarterly song reporting easier by adding label information to RadioDJ and would like that sent to Spinitron as well. It seems it should be possible by adding to the custom data RadioDJ is sending.

So is it? If it is, what would we change that custom data to?

2 Likes

Hi @Dean_Mattson, I can’t find any evidence that RadioDJ is able to export a song’s label name. Does it even support the field in its metadata database?

It’s there but you have to enable it and then it’s still hidden away.

Go to Configurations, click on Plugins, select Tracks

Manager and click Settings. I believe the one you have to enable is called Publisher.

Once you OK that, you’ll see the label show up if you bring up the Edit Track window and click the Settings tab.

Then … if you add

&ln=$label$

to the custom data Spinitron gives you in the Now Playing tab in RadioDJ, RadioDJ will send the label information to Spinitron, assuming you have that in the song’s metadata. (Spoiler alert: You probably don’t. You’ll have to start adding them.)

I’ll also add this information here. To get labels to start appearing in RadioDJ:

Go to Configurations, click on Plugins, select Tracks Manager and click Settings. I believe the one you have to enable is called Publisher.

Once you OK that, you’ll see the label show up if you bring up the Edit Track window and click the Settings tab.

1 Like

Fantastic sleuthing Dean! Thanks for sharing what you learned. I’d like to add a link to your post to the instructions in Spinitron’s automation control panel. (I’m going to combine your second post into the first. Hope you don’t mind.)

Sure, that’s fine on both.

1 Like