Auto-complete now has live indexing of new spins

Until now it took up to a day for a station’s spins to start appearing in auto-complete suggestions. Now it should take less than a minute.

For example, in this video I enter a song that neither auto-complete nor Did-you-mean? find

• Artist: Absedie 123
  • Song: Emennopey Queue
  • Release: Aicheye Jaykey

and I submit a spin of it into my playlist. Auto-complete can include it in suggestions in less than a minute.

Unfortunately, our djs have told us that the note field is auto filling, and we don’t want that to happen. It’s cool if we are promoting an upcoming event, but it’s not cool if the event has already happened. Every time everyone spins a song we don’t always want that same note coming up.

https://spinitron.com/m/playlist/view/8861088

5:32:28 PM 2:56 Mavis Staples Change We Get By
CD 2019 Anti/Epitaph Mavis Staples’ new album ‘We Get By’ was produced by Ben Harper and comes out May 10 on ANTI- Records.
5:32:28 PM 2:56 Mavis Staples Change We Get By
CD 2019 Anti/Epitaph Mavis Staples’ new album ‘We Get By’ was produced by Ben Harper and comes out May 10 on ANTI- Records.

Hi @Amanda_Shauger, that’s actually a separate issue but we rolled out the fix at the same time.

I was initially quite skeptical that we ever had that feature as described so I delayed it. Danil then had the idea of only filling the field from spins of the same DJ that I thought was worth a try. It seems we need to revert it. I’ll follow up with the original reporter of that issue.

Thanks, @tom! We appreciate your quick response.

Done.

But live auto-complete is nice, eh? EH?

From our afternoon drive time dj just now while she is doing her holiday show: Was there some sort of update to Spinitron while I was gone? It’s really not playing nice. Asking if we mean several different time stamps every single flippin’ time you make an entry which seems to block the (previously very helpful) auto-fill function.

Nothing has changed recently in these features. The “Did you mean?” search runs if the DJ doesn’t select an autocomplete suggestion or if Spinitron has insufficient data for the selected release and song to auto-fill the form.

So it could have been a change in the DJ’s use of Spinitron, or a difference in the music (holiday special show could do it), or a combination.

All excellent points. I’ll let her know. Thank you!