Spinitron outage Apr 20th and 21st 2022

Search function appears largely out of commission.

Hi @rhg . Thanks for joining the forum.

Can you tell me which search function in particular I need to direct my attention to? As specific as you can manage, e.g. a URL, your particulars (e.g. dates).

Feel free to email or telephone if you prefer.

You apparently figured it out - it works now. I use the free search function (reachable by the link right next to the Spinitron name), but I assume the paid search functions weren’t working, either.

I see. The problem is that the processes that automatically add new spins to the search are not operating properly yet. I just re-indexed everything up to about noon today right coast. I tested the public all-stations search (/m/search) and the logged-in individual station member search (/m/spin/chart) and they appear to work ok.

The free public search is limited to the 24 hours up to the moment you run the search, so the results for this feature depend acutely on real-time indexing, which I don’t think will be back up today. Without it your available searches are diminishing by the second since all you can access in the free search is up to the last time I re-indexed and by noon tomorrow that will again be an empty set, unless I fix something before then :wink:

Search indexing for spins is up and running again, afaict. You should be able to find spins with timestamps up to about a minute before the moment you run the search. Lemmy know how it goes.

Just checking in to see if all archive restoration has been accomplished.

I do see full archives on spinitron pages for shows, but the integrated archives linked to our station’s show webpages is limited to December 2021.

here’s one https://www.ashevillefm.org/show/joyful-noise/

Do i need to do anything on my end or wait until repairs are complete?

Many thanks for the miracles.

-andy [pd]

Hi Andy, thanks for joining the forum.

I don’t think Spinitron is involved in providing audio archives for Asheville FM.

We restored all playlists and other Spinitron data.

Spinitron’s Ark webcast archive service was not impacted by the outage, afaik. But since Asheville FM doesn’t use it I mention this more for the public record than for you in particular.

Tom, thanks I just checked our wordpress pages and somehow everything synced again and I can now see our shows entire archive histories as before… Thanks for keeping the wheels on the bus!

-a

Sorry to say that free search is breaking down again. A few spins are coming through, but other spins I saw on playlists during the day today don’t come up when searched. Please re-check. Thanks.

Sorry to say but I’m certain that free search is not working again. Artists that I was looking for that typically have many posts have few. I went to one station’s calendar and found at least two spins from those artists not posted in the search. Seems to be an end-of-month thing now.

Sorry to say but you are right, @rhg. I hope I will have success in restoring more of the search index soon.

Hi @rhg Have you tried since last weekend?