Google sign-in for chat 400 error

Thank you for pursuing the issue and resolving it quicker than expected! I myself havenā€™t encountered any further issues since the weekend, and I havenā€™t seen any chatters complain about the sign-in error either. So for now, I would say itā€™s all good. Thank you once again :slightly_smiling_face:

It appears to be happening again this morning. The usual mitigation methods I used before donā€™t seem to be working. Facebook login still works fine.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I just tried the same mitigation that worked last time. Please keep an eye on it.

Happening to me now as well. Same radio station as TAndy (WPRB). Tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, multiple google user IDs and a VPN. I did not have this problem previously when TAndy did last week.

Again today for me as well. Last week when I reported it, the issue didnā€™t happen again after reporting it. So Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s become so sporadic/random in nature now.

Edut as of 8:53PM EDT - No VPN region or location has alleviated the issue. Unable to sign in with Google entirely.

Yup chat broke on Google sign in for WPRB

Hi @TAndy and welcome @dlocutor and @RossMcLochness

Thanks for keeping us informed about this. I attempted another fix just now. Give it a while and let us know how it goes.

The fix weā€™re working on relates to caching of certificates from Google. In the past we were able to make login work again by deleting those cache entries. But we donā€™t know how long they should remain valid. One week seemed to be acceptable until these new reports today.

So let us know if you can log in today and when it fails again.

1 Like

Tom, it appears to be working today. Thanks for following up on this.

The first time I tried it did nothing. Didnā€™t fail, just didnā€™t present the chat box. Second time it work as usual. Not sure if that was related but so far so good today.

Thanks!

Itā€™s back again:

Error in User API: 400, Bad Request. Please contact us if you think this is a server error.

WPRB Princeton 103.3 FM ā€“ New Jerseyā€™s Only Radio Station

1 Like

I made an adjustment to clear cached tokens once a day rather than once a week. Letā€™s see if that helps.

1 Like

Tom, thanks again for the quick response. Itā€™s working again. I wouldā€™ve replied earlier but weā€™re suffering through some East Coast network issues.

1 Like