Ark player feedback

There’s a tune called Beyond the Tagus River that was played on Veta’s program Bluegrass and Beyond where the art cover is not showned, Andre Dal is misspelled, it’s not possible to listen to the tune when you clik on it and doesn’t go to apple or spotify or any other when you click on the box. Why?

I aso wonder if there is a way for the playlist to to update/refresh while the playlist is live? More people are interacting with the chat function which does refresh but the playlist stays static from when the page was opened. So if you are on the page and contributing to chat, the playlist doesn’t update. If one refreshes the page to see the updated playlist, it then logs one out of chat. These are great features but they are working against each other a bit. Sorry if this is already covered. Thanks Duncan KXCI

12/26/22 I just signed on and I am trying to listen to the reggae playlist of radio station KKUP 91.5 out of Cupertino, CA. If any one can offer advice on how to use this player would be kindly appreciative.

Hi Juan, thanks for joining the forum.

Try going to this playlist and click/touch the triangle play button on the player as shown.

If that works then try visiting the KKUP program calendar and look there for other playlists to listen to. You may need to page backwards in the calendar to find the date when the show was broadcast. These buttons take you backwards and forwards through the calendar.

Let us know how you get on.

Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. I do appreciate it. However, I was hoping there was a better way of listening to the programs on this station. Like being able to see a complete listing of every song played, being able to rewind or move forward, link up to Apple, Spotify, etc. I tune in a lot to the podcast of KCRW 89.9 out of Santa Monica and the system they provide is real user friendly and I was hoping your Ark player would be similar. When I find music that I like I like to buy it but I want to make sure it is the right one. Anyway, if your player provides those features so that I could replay the great reggae music they were playing yesterday I’d be mighty grateful.

Sincerely, Juan

Hi Juan, We provide a non-interactive service since this is all our clients are licensed for. Some stations offer webcast archive service with user interfaces that are much more interactive than ours. Others have declined to use ours because they think it offers more interactivity than they believe the statutory license allows.

I’m only here because theres a feedback link and the player has been buggy for me recently. I’d assume I was doing something wrong but it’s just a play button… never plays anything from list below the player.

Currently I’m trying to listen to past Village Idiot / KXLU shows, and no matter which playlist page I start from, pressing the play button in the player module @ top of page triggers the exact same EDM song (not from her show). It then continues on through what must be an EDM show belonging to someone else.

I’ve also tried initiating these playlists from this dj’s summary page using the speaker icon next to a date… it’s EDM all the way down. One of the playlists kinda works, but it’s playing her show from the wrong week, and it starts in the middle of that show anyways.

1 Like

Do you know the date and time of the broadcast that you want to listen to. Or do you have a URL to a playlist web page of a program?

Yep, here’s the show: https://spinitron.com/KXLU/show/240437/Village-Idiot

If you try playing 3/7/23 @ 4PM (first show in the list) using the speaker icon next to the list, it will play dance music (assuming this isn’t an issue on my end). Shazaam has no results for the song, but it’s not the right genre, and not one of the songs on her playlist as far as I can tell.

https://spinitron.com/KXLU/pl/17063817/Village-Idiot – Pressing play on ark player on this page plays a Dorothy Ashby song (according to Shazaam), same deal as above… not in playlist, not right genre.

1 Like

Hi @okeydoke

So what I think might be going on there was that the DJ was late getting started with the broadcast and for about the first half an hour there was something completely different playing from automation. Maybe you could check with the DJ about that?

1 Like

Figures the shoegaze dj is chronically late. If the automated music wasn’t so bad I would’ve listened long enough to hear her show start. Sorry for the waste of time!

Very cool site, appreciate how difficult it is to build and maintain something like this.

1 Like

You can pause the player and skip forwards half an hour.

Thank you for the Ark Player I can listen to my favorite djs when Pardon My French is playing “music” better suited to a warehouse full of drugged out euro-wanna be’s I think it works fine

1 Like

ARK seems to be on EST, while we are now on EDT, as a result the recordings that are supposed to be from my 8-10 pm show actually cover 7-9pm. Can this be fixed easily?

Hi Eric,

Can you give me the URL for a page where I can reproduce the problem.

And to confirm what you mean. A player that’s set to start a 8am (it displays 8am), when you play it, plays audio that was on the radio at 7am?

• Do you like the Ark player? / Yes

• What’s good about it? / It exists

• What’s less good? / control; there is no way to start at a specific time that isn’t every 15 minutes.

• What’s broken? / Nothing as far as I can see.

• What’s missing? / I would find a backup 10 seconds button quite helpful. Being able to type in a specific time rather than being limited to every 15 minutes I would find quite beneficial.

• What you were listening to? Station, date, time / WMUH - Thought Radio™, 8/19/2023, 6-8am

• What browser? Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, … / Chrome

• Is it up to date or do you know its version? / up to date

• Computer or device, e.g. PC, iPhone SE, Amazon Fire HD, Macbook Air, … / Maci Mini with M2 chip

• Is its system software up to date or do you know the version? e.g. Windows 8.1, iOS 12, Android 9 / Ventura 13.2.1

1 Like

Hi Bill, thanks for joining the forum.

I love your Q/A. Very encouraging that we achieved some compatibility. The limited interactivity is mentioned here.

If I paused the player, it used to pick up where I left off when I subsequently pressed play even if days had elapsed. I liked that. Now, it always restarts at the beginning which isn’t to my liking. Please consider returning to the old method of operation. Thanks.

We haven’t changed that software so I don’t know how to explain the change you experienced.

@ ultramusicman Ark Player works as it always has for us (KGLT): when you pause then play, it picks up playing from where it stopped.